Thursday, March 29, 2012

Springtime!!


I'm so happy that it's springtime now! =) It's my favorite season ( probably because I was born in the spring..but never mind that). What is there not to like about spring ( besides allergies)?
The warmer weather allows us to wear our hair in more out-styles, such as wash and goes, without having to worry about catching a head cold because you walked out the house with wet hair. Also, it's not as humid as the summer, so your hair is less likely to turn into a frizz ball.

I've been trying to tweak my regimen bit by bit so I can achieve the best results with my hair.
Here are some new things I'm trying this spring.
1. Finger detangling - Though every natural doesn't do this, I've heard a lot about the benefits of it, such as more defined curls, more length retention, increase in the thickness of hair...
2. Drying my hair with a T-shirt- I hear that t- shirts cause less frizz
3. Trimming my ends more frequently ( like every six weeks)- If my ends aren't too bad, then I'll just dust.

And I'm going out on a limb and trying to wear more wash and goes... ( Scared look). The reason I don't wear wash and goes like that is because I didn't know how to maintain them. Now that I have done some research, it doesn't hurt to try again. If another girl can do it, I can too!
Here are some pics of my natural texture with conditioner in it.

 I can't wait to cut that color off!!!




My braidout before and after 80 degree weather hits it. ( I'm not complaining)
What changes are you making this spring?



2 comments: