Tuesday, April 2, 2013

I have returned... with a HAIR UPDATE!!

Hey guys, long time no see (way too long). I'm graduating this semester and it's been a very hectic senior year. But anyway, lets get straight into business. My hair has grown significantly since the last time I posted a hair update. I finally cut off all of my highlights. Yesterday I did a protein treatment with Aubrey Organics GPB conditioner. My hair has been suffering from a lot of split ends, so I'm in dire need of a trim within the next few weeks. I've been protective styling most of the time. But most importantly, I think I have finally mastered my wash and go!!! *applause* This is a big milestone for me because out of all the almost 5 years I have been natural, I have never seemed to master the art of wash and going. At first I was so obsessed with getting my hair to look like everyone else's wash and go, but I finally decided to stop putting unrealistic expectations on my hair and just let it do what it do =). Not to mention I decided to by Ecostyler gel and diffuser attachment (my saving grace). Here is what I would normally do:

1. Detangle with Tresseme Naturals conditioner
2. Co-wash with Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose
3. Deep condition with Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Mask
4. Apply Kinky Curly Knot Today as a leave in
5. Add oil (extra virgin olive oil)
6. Add Ecostyler Gel ( the clear one, maximum hold)
7. Diffuse and go!!
 (I never realized how many different brands I use!)
I'll do a post soon on how I maintain my wash and go. I'm still learning guys, but so far it has been a success, I am very pleased. Feel free to comment and ask questions!! Toodles!

Shortly after diffusing
Shortly after diffusing


Shortly after diffusing ( as you can see, my texture goes from tight at the top to loose at the bottom. CRAZY!! )


The next day
The next day: This is the best I have EVER seen my hair

The next day

No comments:

Post a Comment