Thursday, January 5, 2012

My Hair Journey.... and other things

So, the other day when I was observing this beautiful sunset in route to ShopRite, I had an epiphany. I think I want to buy a really nice camera and get into photography!!!! I love to admire the beauty of nature and I want to capture it as it is so I can admire that moment FOREVER!!!


But back to what this post is REALLY about. First of all, I want to say that I am OBSESSED with natural hair. It all started in Nov 2007 when I decided to transition for the second time. By this time I had access to youtube videos and websites, such as nappturality.com, which helped me along with my transition and kept me inspired. Then I created a hair album on fotki.com, which enabled me to document my progress. Almost six months later I told my best friend to go ahead and big chop. 
As you can see by that big ol' smile, I was HAPPY!!!!! I couldn't wait to experiment and do twists and twistouts and wear puffs.
A year later my hair had really blossomed, and so had my styling skills. I really enjoyed this length and the health of my hair.
By year 2, my hair was really growing and getting long.

By January of year three, my hair was almost bra strap length.
Unfortunately, I cut my hair by the summer of year 3 because I acquired heat damage from pressing my hair that winter. I was sad that I had to lose all my progress, but I was happy that I got to start over again. All I want is healthy hair.
Now I am pleased to say that my hair is growing back and it is healthy. I use minimal heat because I want my hair to be as healthy as possible. My ultimate hair goal is to grow my hair to waist length. After that, I don't know what I'm going to do.

Thats my hair in a nutshell, but if you want to look at my journey more intensively, my link is fotki.com/allmine444, found under the links I like on the side.
- Toodles


7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to take serious advice before I mess my hair up... I want u to do my hair Bianca before u leave so I cn see how u do it so I can do it myself live you sis ya "real sister" lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hair is beautiful, what's your regimen?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you. I will do a post on what my regimen is ASAP =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Luck with the blog. Let me know if you ever need any help or advice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Brianca, hope all is well. Im seven months natural n LOVING my hair.. Good luck on ur blog n school!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Sharon =) I am glad you love your hair =)

    ReplyDelete